Greetings, and welcome to Seeseenayy.
Below is homework and some questions for NAT.
This is a custom assignment by our classroom.
1. What is the group of public IPv4 addresses used on a NAT-enabled router called?
The group of public IPv4 addresses used on a NAT-router is called "inside global addresses", a legitimate IP address assigned by the NIC or service provider that represents one/more local addresses
2. Which version of NAT allows many hosts inside a private network to simultaneously use a single inside global address for connecting to the Internet?
PAT allows many hosts inside a private network simultaneously, using a single global address for Internet connection.
3. What statement accurately describes dynamic NAT?
Dynamic NAT provides automated mapping of inside local to inside global IP addresses.
4. A network administrator configures the border router with the command:
R1(config)# ip nat inside source list 4 pool corp.
What is required to be configured in order for this particular command to be functional?
The network administrator is creating a NAT pool that defines the start and end of the network. This is an overload method.
5. When dynamic NAT without overloading is being used, what happens if seven users attempt to access a public server on the Internet when only six addresses are available in the NAT pool?
Traffic will be permitted (as well as requests) for the first six users, however, the seventh user will fail for all traffic, as the NAT pool has exceeded the maximum threshold for available addresses.
6. A network engineer has configured a router with the command:
ip nat inside source list 4 pool corp overload.
Why did the engineer use the overload option?
The overload option was used as the network the engineer is configuring has more available private addresses than public addresses.
8. R1 is configured for NAT as displayed. What is wrong with the configuration?
The NAT pool "NAT-POOL2" is not under application by the access control list "1".