Which interface is the default location that would contain the IP address used to manage a 24-port Ethernet switch?
interface connected to the default gateway
2. In which type of attack does a malicious node request all available IP addresses in the address pool of a DHCP server in order to prevent legitimate hosts from obtaining network access?
CAM table overflow
MAC address flooding
3. What impact does the use of the
configuration command have
on an Ethernet interface on a switch?
automatically detects duplex settings
automatically detects interface speed
automatically detects copper cable type
automatically assigns the first detected MAC address to an interface
4. Which type of cable does a network administrator need to connect a PC to a switch to recover it after the Cisco IOS software fails to load?
a coaxial cable
a console cable
a crossover cable
a straight-through cable
5. While troubleshooting a connectivity problem, a network administrator notices that a switch port status LED is alternating between green and amber. What could this LED indicate?
The port has no link.
The port is experiencing errors.
The port is administratively down.
A PC is using the wrong cable to connect to the port.
The port has an active link with normal traffic activity.
6. A production switch is reloaded and finishes with a
prompt. What two facts can be determined? (Choose two.)
POST occurred normally.
The boot process was interrupted.
There is not enough RAM or flash on this router.
A full version of the Cisco IOS was located and loaded.
The switch did not locate the Cisco IOS in flash, so it defaulted to ROM.
7. Which command displays information about the auto-MDIX setting for a specific interface?
8. Refer to the exhibit. What media issue might exist on the link connected to Fa0/1 based on the show interface command?
CCNA 2 Chapter 2 Exam Answer 001 (v5.02, 2015)
The bandwidth parameter on the interface might be too high.
There could be an issue with a faulty NIC.
There could be too much electrical interference and noise on the link.
The cable attaching the host to port Fa0/1 might be too long.
The interface might be configured as half-duplex.
9.Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator wants to configure Switch1 to allow SSH connections and prohibit Telnet connections. How should the network administrator change the displayed configuration to satisfy the requirement?
CCNA 2 Chapter 2 Exam Answer 002 (v5.02, 2015)
Use SSH version 1.
Reconfigure the RSA key.
Configure SSH on a different line.
Modify the transport input command.
10. Which protocol or service sends broadcasts containing the Cisco IOS software version of the sending device, and the packets of which can be captured by malicious hosts on the network?
11. Which two statements are true about using full-duplex Fast Ethernet? (Choose two.)
Performance is improved with bidirectional data flow.
Latency is reduced because the NIC processes frames faster.
Nodes operate in full-duplex with unidirectional data flow.
Performance is improved because the NIC is able to detect collisions.
Full-duplex Fast Ethernet offers 100 percent efficiency in both directions.
12. Which method would mitigate a MAC address flooding attack?
increasing the size of the CAM table
configuring port security
using ACLs to filter broadcast traffic on the switch
increasing the speed of switch ports
13. Which two basic functions are performed by network security tools? (Choose two.)
revealing the type of information an attacker is able to gather from monitoring network traffic
educating employees about social engineering attacks
simulating attacks against the production network to
determine any existing vulnerabilities
writing a security policy document for protecting networks
controlling physical access to user devices
14. Which action will bring an error-disabled switch port back to an operational state?
Remove and reconfigure port security on the interface.
Issue the switchport mode access command on the interface.
Clear the MAC address table on the switch.
Issue the shutdown and then no shutdown interface commands.
15. Refer to the exhibit. Which S1 switch port interface or interfaces should be configured with the ip dhcp snooping trust command if best practices are implemented?
CCNA 2 Chapter 2 Exam Answer 003 (v5.02, 2015)
only the G0/1 port
only unused ports
only the G0/1 and G0/24 ports
only the G0/2, G0/3, and G0/4 ports
only the G0/1, G0/2, G0/3, and G0/4 ports
16. Refer to the exhibit. Port Fa0/2 has already been configured appropriately. The IP phone and PC work properly. Which switch configuration would be most appropriate for port Fa0/2 if the network administrator has the following goals?